Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Long Beach Pride Reflections

So, we have all recovered from Long Beach Pride and as many of us prepare for IML, I though it would be a good time to reflect.

Long Beach Pride was my first time marching in a Pride parade and it was amazing.  Besides the near 40,000 spectators, I was able to share this experience with so many of my FMLA brothers, Gus Norris, Bill Robertroy, Carl Dove, John Freeman, Eric Crow and so many others.  Furthermore the attendance at the Leather tent was spectacular.  I wandered in, for the second time, around 1:30pm on Sunday to say hi and see what was going on...and the demo area was packed.  It was thrilling to see...then to hear they had already had over 500 attendees, I couldn't have been happier.

Yes, I am sure some were lookey-loos and other might have been turned off by things, but I am sure there were some people out there discovering new things about themselves.  The lights I could see behind people's eyes were mesmerizing.  And so this inspires me.

We must reach out to these people at LA Pride on June 7, 8 & 9.  There will be more newbies there waiting for someone to say hi and break the ice.  They will have attended and watched...the rest is up to us.  So, let's bind together and welcome this new crop of Fetish Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment